- Things to Do
- Where to Stay
- Food & Drinks
- Plan Your Visit
Fall is officially here. 'Tis the season for sweater weather, football games, apple-picking, pumpkin patches, and all things autumn. Make the most of the season with this list of Fox Cities adventures and activities.
– Many of our area farm markets run through October, with downtown Appleton switching to an indoor market in November. It’s the perfect time to check out new fall crafts, fresh in-season produce, and enjoy the tastes of fall. Click here to see a full list of farm markets in our area.
- Cut through the crisp autumn air on local trails in the Fox Cities. Loop the Lake, Bubolz Nature Preserve, Heckrodt Wetland Reserve, and 1000 Island Recreation Area are amongst the dozens of biking and walking trails.
Looking for a local state park? (See #6!)
- The Fox Cities is home to plenty of orchards to choose from so get out and get picking and try your luck through a corn maze. Check out any of the orchards for a great way to spend a fall day.
Did you know? Haymow Zip Line opened this fall at Hofacker's Hillside Orchard to add even more excitement to apple picking.
- Mulberry Lane Farm starts its Pumpkin Harvest Celebration mid-September and runs through October. Visit the farm any time during that time and pick a FREE pumpkin, and while you’re there take some time to ride a pony, play with a pig, pet a goat, take a hayride, and have some fun of the farm! Click here for details.
- License to Cruise and Octoberfest will make Downtown Appleton the place to be on September 27 & 28. The festival kicks off Friday night with License to Cruise, where hundreds of classic cars line up and down College Avenue. The fun continues on Saturday and brings thousands to the area to enjoy live music, great food and plenty of fun! Click here for details.
- Enjoy the fall colors at High Cliff State Park. With trails for any skill level, you can take a leisurely walk or hike a more challenging trail and enjoy the views of Lake Winnebago or visit the old Lime Kiln Ruins. Best time for peak fall colors is late September to mid-October.
Did you know? High Cliff State Park also has horseback riding trails open through fall. Saddle up!
- Head to Greenville Lions Park on October 6 for the 45th Annual Greenville Fall Craft Fair. You’ll find everything from homemade crafts and bakery to fresh produce and food. Click here for more.
- Spend the afternoon in Downtown Appleton on Saturday October 19 for their annual Soup Walk. Stop at participating downtown restaurants to taste their soups and vote for your favorite. Tickets go on sale October 1; quantities are limited, so don’t wait.
- Head out to Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve October 19 for the Romp in the Autumn Swamp! Celebrate the season with a hay-ride, trick-or-treat trail, Halloween games, and more! Click here for details.