Mark Your Calendar: 2019 Fox Cities Events
Happy New Year! There are plenty of events happening in Fox Cities to fill your calendar in 2019. Here's a list of some annual events and festivals to look forward to this year!
- Wildwood Film Festival – March 22 & 23
- Held at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center and dedicated to showcasing only films that have direct ties to Wisconsin, they strive to promote local talent and provide education in film making. *Photo courtesy of Wildwood Film Festival Facebook
- Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival – May 31- June 2
- Join the fun at Doyle Park in Little Chute for Cheese Fest! This festival includes music, food, children’s entertainment, parade, petting zoo, and $1.00 carnival rides. For the cheese lovers, there will be cheese tasting, cheese carving demos, cheese curd eating contest and more.
- Green & Gold Charity Softball Game – June 1
- The Green Bay Packers are trading their football pads for baseball gloves for charity. Head out to Fox Cities Stadium and watch the Packer offense take on the defense! Proceeds from the game will benefit Young Life, an organization for teens and college students. *Photo courtesy of the Timber Rattlers
- Great Greenville Catfish Extravaganza – July 5-6
- A 2-day event! Friday family night and all-day Saturday features kids’ activities, food vendors, fireworks! Saturday night finishes off with their big concert; past performers include Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Beach Boys, and ZZ Top just to name a few. 2019 band has yet to be announced, watch their website for updates!
- Mile of Music – August 1-4
Don't miss Appleton largest music festival as Mile 7 takes over the Ave! 200+ artists will perform 800+ live sets of original music at 70+ venues in Downtown Appleton...and it's all FREE! Click here for more! *Photo courtesy Mile of Music
- Bike to the Beat - August 3
A bike ride for all ages and abilities! Choose from four distances: 6, 16, 32, or 50 miles. Riders will also enjoy various stops along the course that feature live music from original artists, as well as a variety of delicious food from local businesses.
- Fox Valley Restaurant Tour Week – September 19-25
- Explore over 20 area restaurants who will feature specialty menus. Choose from 3-course options for both lunch and dinner! Click here for more information, as prices vary by location. *Photo courtesy of Pullmans
- Octoberfest – September 28
- Appleton's largest festival Octoberfest starts bright and early at 9 am Saturday morning! Live music all day, arts and crafts, and great food!
- Downtown Appleton Christmas Parade – November 26
- Kick off the holidays at Appleton’s 49th Annual Downtown Christmas Parade. The largest nighttime Christmas parade in the Midwest with over 100 floats. Parade starts at 6:30 pm.
Other exciting events:
- WIAA State Baseball Tournament – June 11-13
High schools from around the state will be here to compete for the state championship at Fox Cities Stadium!
More than 60 high-quality artists fill scenic Riverside Park in Neenah for this free arts festival.
- Art at the Park – July 28
Annual arts and craft fair held at City Park in Appleton will showcase nearly 200 artists from around the country.
- Community First Fox Cities Marathon – September 20-22
Events include the full and half marathon, relay marathon, 5K, kids fun run, the Diaper Dash and Toddler Trot!
- Menasha's New Year’s Eve Celebration – December 31
Live music, giveaways, ball drop and fireworks at the 26th Annual New Year's Eve Party in Downtown Menasha!
Posted on January 3, 2019 at 14:32