Family-Friendly Winter Activities
Experiencing those winter blues? We’re here to help! Below is a list of family-friendly activities across the Fox Cities! With both indoor and outdoor options to choose from, you’ll be ready for whatever weather comes about.
Ice skating: Go outdoors for a great activity for the whole family! Whether you’re a first-timer or an expert skater, the Fox Cities offers many rinks to enjoy.
- Appleton: Memorial Park, Erb Park and Pierce Park
- Neenah: Washington Park and Memorial Park
- Menasha: Hart Park
- Fox Crossing: Fritsch Park
- Greenville: Jennerjohn Park
Sledding: Grab your sled and head to the hills! Our area has numerous public parks and an operated tubing hill to use for sledding.
- Appleton: Appleton Memorial Park, Erb Park, Reid Golf Course, and Plamann County Park
- Neenah: Fritse Park and Memorial Park
- Kaukauna: Grignon Park
- Kimberly: Sunset Park
- Sherwood: Wanick Choute Park and
Local events: When looking for something to do, events are a great thing to take advantage of! Visit our website for the complete list of upcoming events.
Eagle Days: The day will be filled of presentations as well as viewing opportunities taking place at the Paper Discovery Center, 1000 Islands Environmental Center and the Kaukauna Public Library. Activities will include eagle observations, live bird presentations and hands-on activities for the kids.
Candlelight Ski & Snowshoe: Enjoy the 1-mile snowshoe or 1.5-mile ski trail at Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve. The trails will be illuminated by candles, and there will be hot chocolate to enjoy after your hike! Normal trail and rental fees apply.
- Snowshoeing & Animal Tracking Hike: Kids in grades 1-5 are able to strap on the snowshoes and explore Heckrodt park with a Wetland Reserve Naturalist. They will look for animal tracks and other animal signs. The kids will learn how to identify animal tracks and find out how different animals move.
- Museums: Grab the kids for an educational experience! The Building for Kids Children’s Museum, Weis Earth Science Museum, Bergstrom Mahler Museum of Glass and many others are very popular within the Fox Cities. Click here for the complete list, and explore our website for special events and exhibits.
- Bowling: Strike out with the family at a local bowling alley! A few great places include Classic Lanes Fox Valley in Neenah, Super Bowl in Appleton, Sabre Lanes in Menasha and The 10th Frame in Appleton.
- Arcades & Indoor Playgrounds: Arcade games, laser tag and miniature golf galore! Funset Boulevard, Badger Sports Park and Luv 2 Play are great places to let the kids play. Food is available on-site at each attraction, so make an afternoon of it!
- Sports: Get out of the house and jump around! Sky Zone Trampoline Park and Xtreme Air Trampoline & Rock-Climbing Park are trampoline parks which both feature a variety of activities and amenities to keep the whole family busy.
- Looking to stay for the night or weekend? Click here for a full list of lodging options!
Posted on January 21, 2019 at 14:43