#ExploreFoxCities Mardi Gras
New Orleans may be the Mardi Gras party central, but the Fox Cities is joining in on the party! On Tuesday, March 5th, also known as Fat Tuesday, various locations across our area will offer food and drink specials as well as the infamous king cake and paczki's that will make you feel like you're celebrating in New Orleans! So get your purple, green & gold attire on and join the fun!
- Fox River Brewing Co.
- The annual Mardi Gras party is back on March 5th! Starting at 5:00 pm, there will be a DJ, beads and masks, and prizes for the best Mardi Gras look. They will have drink specials, including jello shots, and dinner items such as fresh craw-fish boil, crab cakes, creole jambalaya, gumbo soup and much more! Make your reservation today as spots are limited!
- Greene’s Pour House
- Join Greene's on March 5th for their Fat Tuesday Party! They have many specials including alligator cakes, fried oysters, crab stuffed catfish and beignets. Greene’s will also have the popular Mardi Gras Abita beer on tap!
- Spats’ Food & Spirits
- Spat’s is known for their tasty Mardi Gras food year after year! They will be featuring gumbo, jambalaya, craw-fish etouffee, cajun catfish and beignets, along with hurricanes and Abita beer. Come in Tuesday, March 5th from 4:30-9:00 pm, but be sure to make reservations beforehand!
- On Fat Tuesday, the two most common sweets are paczkis and king cakes. These desserts were first made in Polish households when the housewives wanted to use up their sweets before the lent season began. Paczkis are similar to a jelly-filled donut, except they're made with richer dough and are larger and rounder in size. King cakes are cinnamon dough formed in the shape of a circle, iced with white icing and are sprinkled with purple, green, and gold sugars. A traditional king cake contains a plastic baby figure that is baked inside. The tradition says whoever has the plastic baby in their slice must throw the Mardi Gras party the following year.
- Simple Simon Bakery
- Fat Tuesday is one of Simple Simon’s biggest days of the year and they’re expecting over 600 customers in store! Their two specials include paczkis (pictured), king cakes and other Mardi Gras themed desserts. Simple Simon has 9 different flavors of paczkis all rolled in sugar, cinnamon or powdered sugar. Their king cakes are decorated with Mardi Gras sugar beads and have a plastic baby on the top of each cake!
- Tamara’s the Cake Guru
- If you’re looking for a wide variety of Fat Tuesday treats, head over to Tamara’s in Appleton. They will have king cakes (pictured), paczkis and Mardi Gras flavored cupcakes! Their cupcake flavors include hurricane, purple velvet, king cake and many others. If you would like to order ahead of time, click here for the online order form.
Posted on February 26, 2019 at 09:12