Black Friday and Small Business Saturday
Whether you're a die-hard Black Friday shopper, the casual 'maybe I'll go' type, or prefer to stick to small businesses the Fox Cities are your destination for holiday shopping. With over 140 stores in and around the Fox River Mall area and our unique downtown's and surrounding areas offering one-of-a-kind boutiques, we've got everything you need to check off everyone on your list!
*Last Updated 11/7/17...check back for updates and additional information
Black Friday - Friday, November 24
Some stores are set to open as early as 2pm on Thanksgiving Day with all others opening throughout the night and into Friday morning. The Fox River Mall will be opening from 6pm to Midnight on Thanksgiving, but each individual store will open at its own discretion.
- Anchor store hours (beginning on Thanskgiving through Black Friday)
JCPenney – 2pm Thursday to 9pm Friday
Macy’s – 5pm to 2am Thursday; 6am to 10pm Friday
Scheels – Closed Thursday; 7am to 9pm Friday
Sears – 6pm to Midnight Thursday; 5am to 10pm Friday
Target – 6pm to Midnight Thursday; 6am to Midnight Friday *Photo credit - Post Crescent
Younkers – 11pm Thursday to 11pm Friday
Small Business Saturday - Saturday, November 25
A great opportunity to take advantage of some great deals and contribute to your local community!
- Downtown Appleton - Take your Shop Appleton First Passport with you on Saturday to participating Appleton businesses and get your passport stamped at 5 different businesses. When you have 5 stamps hand your passport in and you could be a lucky winner. Over $1500 in prizes will be awarded including a fabulous grand prize of 2 tickets to An American in Paris at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, an overnight stay at the CopperLeaf Boutique Hotel & Spa and $100 in Downtown Gift Certificates for meals!
- Downtown Neenah - Select downtown retailers will be offering Shop Small sales and specials along with some great giveaways from Future Neenah! Visit Future Neenah’s Facebook page every day the week before Small Business Saturday (Sunday, November 19-25) for a chance to win great prize packages including a tote bag and a Downtown Neenah gift certificate. Let us know what you love about shopping local and shopping small in Neenah! (Each day one person will be randomly chosen to win.)
- Downtown Menasha – Downtown stores will be offering specials and discounts all day. Be sure to stop and visit Santa at Lemon Loves Lime Children’s Boutique from 12-3pm!
Museum Shop Sunday - Sunday, November 26
This day is dedicated to promoting area museum gift shops and the unique gift ideas they have. We have many in our area and a few of them have decided to offer specials for November 26th only:
Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Neenah - Make a purchase in the museum store and receive a free gift.
Trout Museum of Art, Appleton - Become a member and receive a 10% discount on your museum store purchase.
Off the Downtown Path
- Simon's Specialty Cheese - When in Wisconsin, give the gift of cheese! Or just get it for yourself :) Simon's offers delicious fresh made cheese, gifts, and more!
- Wilmar Chocolates - Handmade specialty chocolates in create your own or pre-made gift boxes, they make the perfect party gift!
- Bergstrom Mahler Museum of Glass Gift Shop - Unique, one-of-a-kind, beautiful glass pieces available in a wide-range of prices will fit any budget. They also feature a large collection of holiday ornaments and gifts!
- Lamers Dairy – They offer a variety of gift basket options with cheeses, sausage and other locally-made gifts.
- The Snake Pit-Timber Rattlers Team Store - Extended hours on Saturday and a special gift with purchase! Open Saturday 10am-3pm
- Urban Evolutions - Reclaimed and repurposed furniture, home and holiday décor. Open Saturday 10am-5pm
- Scatter Joy – Located on N Casaloma Dr. in Appleton. You’ll find unique gifts, seasonal items and home décor; and they always offer complimentary gift wrapping!
Why not make a weekend of it?
Enjoy lodging packages starting at just $80! Click here for more details.
Posted on November 7, 2017 at 08:27