Over the years, many families and friends have fallen in love with our little corner of the world - the Fox Cities! Guests in the Fox Cities can find a wide assortment of inexpensive or free attractions geared for families with children of all ages, as well as convenient local accommodations. So, go ahead and mark your calendars to visit the Fox Cities this spring and summer!
Seasonal Local Attractions in the Fox Cities:
Mulberry Lane Farm
Do your kids love learning about animals and farm life? Then add Mullberry Lane Farm as a place to explore this summer. This amazing farm that includes tours, petting zoo experiences and a pumpkin patch in the fall is open from May to October each year.
Fox River Tours
It's hard to beat time on the water. Explore the beauty of the Fox River on a relaxing 32 passenger restored canal boat. This operated from mid May to the end of October.
The Children's Farm at Plamann Park
This free attraction provides children and adults access to farm animals and the opportunity to learn about the work that goes into caring for them. Animals can be pet from outside the pen area, but guests are asked not to feed them as they are on special diets to maintain their health. The farm opens to the public for the summer season on May 28th, 2023.
Little Chute Windmill
Did you know that Little Chute has a fully functioning authentic 1850's windmill that you can tour? As a seasonal attraction, the Little Chute Windmill opened earlier this May (2023). You can visit the windmill Wednesday - Saturday from 12 PM to 4PM (tours are held on the hour).
Are you interested in architecture and history? Touring the Charles A. Grignon Mansion should definitely be on your summer visit list. This mansion was built in the Greek revival style as a wedding gift to Charles Grignon's bride, Mary Elizabeth Meade from Pennsylvania. It is also referred to as The Mansion in the Woods. Guided tours are now available Saturdays and Sundays from 10 AM to 4 PM.
If you're a wine lover, Whistler's Knoll is something to keep in mind when visiting the Fox Cities. From Wine Down nights (21 years old and older event), Food Trucks on the Knoll, and Monthly Bloody "Merry" Sundays - they have a variety of events open to the public. Whistler's Knoll is also a popular venue for weddings which can be hosted in the pavilion, vineyard, barn or garden.
Cuff Farms - Strawberry Picking
Summertime strawberry picking is a core memory for a lot of people. When you visit the Fox Cities and go to Cuff Farms during their strawberry picking season you can create those enduring fun summer memories with your family. For regular picking updates head to their Facebook page.
Don't Miss These Exciting Upcoming 2023 Fox Cities Events:
- Light the Night Market (Appleton) - Friday, May 19th
- Kermis Little Chute Windmill (Little Chute) - Saturday, May 20th
- Appleton Memorial Day Parade (Appleton) - Monday, May 29th
- Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival (Little Chute) - Friday, June 2nd- Sunday, June 4th
- Neighborhood Beer Garden (Appleton) - Friday, June 9th
- Electric City Experience (Kaukauna) - Thursday, June 7th - Saturday, June 10th
- Juneteenth (Appleton) - Saturday, June 10th
- Appleton 4th of July Celebration (Appleton) - Tuesday, July 4th
- Neenah/Menasha Community Fest (Neenah and Menasha) - Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th
- Paperfest (Kimberly) - Thursday, July 13th - Sunday, July 16th
- Mile of Music (Appleton) - Thursday, August 3rd - Sunday, August 6th
- Grignon Mansion Car Show (Kaukauna) - Sunday, August 13th