- Things to Do
- Where to Stay
- Food & Drinks
- Plan Your Visit
This event has expired and is here for your reference.
Session Two—Doors Open at 4:30 pm
A special seminar for professionals, caregivers, and family members. Presented by Linn Possell of Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach® to Care.
Brain Changes-Positive Approach to Challenging Situations
When symptoms of dementia begin to make themselves known, not everyone notices at the same time and in the same way. It is typical that one person may try to help another person see the same thing or acknowledge the change. With dementia, one possibility is always that the person experiencing the change is simply not aware of it. The greatest challenge faced by most individuals is how to address the topic of brain change in an effective and empathetic manner. In this session, recognize some of the most common errors in this interaction, and learn options that will improve the possibility of better outcomes.
At the end of this session the participants will be able to:
- Identify the six pieces of the puzzle
- Identify opportunities for supporting a person living with dementia
- Recognize varying abilities
- Identify skills to support a person with comfort and support
- Identify skills to support a person with a task
- List physical and emotional needs