Know Before You Go High Cliff State Park
Enjoy the outdoors and explore the natural beauty of High Cliff State Park.
High Cliff is one of Wisconsin's most unique state parks. A Fox Cities Original, the park's miles of easy-to-moderate hiking trails offering stunning views of Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin’s largest inland lake. Centuries-old effigy mounds and other assets are remnants of the park’s intriguing history. Start planning your trip today to experience the one-of-a-kind adventure and awe of High Cliff.
High Cliff information:
- A vehicle admission sticker is required to visit most state park system properties.
- A state trail pass is required for anyone age 16 or older biking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding or in-line skating on certain trails. A state trail pass is NOT required for walking or hiking.
- The 2021 annual vehicle admission stickers and state trail passes are valid from the date of purchase through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Adhere the pass appropriately to windshield/dash of your vehicle while in the park.
- High Cliff will be open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Visitors may be denied entry if the park reaches its pre-determined safety capacity (until present visitors exit.) Seek out current property information on the DNR website before visiting: Wisconsin State Park Capacity Updates
- DNR boat launches at High Cliff are open.
- Anglers and recreational boaters should practice social distancing and other public health best practices.
Restrooms, Facilities, & Campgrounds
- Restrooms are open.
- Other High Cliff facilities, including the overlook tower, shelters, playgrounds, etc. are open.
- High Cliff Campground is open.
General COVID19 Public Health Guidelines
- Continue to adhere to public health best practices while enjoying High Cliff:
- Avoid social gatherings with people of all ages (of those you're not quarantining with)
- Practice social distancing (six feet between others)
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if ill
Click here for additional trail etiquette and safe use tips at High Cliff and other Fox Cities trails and parks.
For the most up-to-date information about High Cliff State Park and other Wisconsin state park and recreational areas, visit the DNR website or DHS website for updates.
Banner Image: High Cliff State Park | PC: IG@neal.grosskopf