High Cliff State Park to Expand Hours, Adjust Operations Beginning May 23
Enjoy the outdoors and explore the natural beauty of High Cliff State Park with expanded hours and adjusted operations beginning May 23.
High Cliff State Park in Sherwood is one of the dozens of Wisconsin state parks that will have expanded hours and adjusted operations beginning May 23, after being temporarily closed in April and then partially reopened in May due to the COVID19 situation.
High Cliff is one of the Wisconsin's most unique state parks. A Fox Cities Original, the park's miles of easy-to-moderate hiking trails offering stunning views of Lake Winnebago — Wisconsin’s largest inland lake — and centuries-old effigy mounds and other assets are remnants of the park’s intriguing history. Combined with other park offerings, experience one-of-a-kind adventure and awe at High Cliff.
High Cliff special conditions and updates at this time include:
- Annual park sticker and/or trail pass required
- Purchase at 1-888-305-0398, seven days a week 8 a.m.-4 p.m., or online any time
- Annual passes are not available for purchase at individual properties
- Adhere the pass appropriately to windshield/dash of your vehicle while in the park
- High Cliff will be open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Visitors may be denied entry if the park reaches its pre-determined safety capacity (until present visitors exit.) Seek out current property information on the DNR website before visiting: Wisconsin State Park Capacity Updates
- DNR boat launches at High Cliff are open.
- Anglers and recreational boaters should practice social distancing and other public health best practices.
Restrooms, Facilities, & Campgrounds
- Restrooms at High Cliff remain closed. Beginning June 3, select day-use area restrooms will be open.
- Other High Cliff facilities, including the overlook tower, shelters, playgrounds, etc., remain closed.
- High Cliff Campground will remain closed until at least June 7.
General COVID19 Public Health Guidelines
- Continue to adhere to public health best practices while enjoying High Cliff:
- Avoid social gatherings with people of all ages (of those you're not quarantining with)
- Practice social distancing (six feet between others)
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if ill
Click here for additional trail etiquette and safe use tips at High Cliff and other Fox Cities trails and parks.
For the most up-to-date information about High Cliff State Park and other Wisconsin state park and recreational areas, visit the DNR website or DHS website for updates.
Banner Image: High Cliff State Park | PC: IG@neal.grosskopf