Why Choose The Fox Cities?
The Fox Cities is your destination for the arts, culture, fine dining, exciting nightlife, and great shopping.
We’d love for you to choose the Fox Cities, Greater Appleton area to host your next meeting or social event! Here are some of the top reasons you should:
- Visitors to the Fox Cities can explore 19 individual, yet distinct communities with a combined population of 250,000 nestled along the banks of the Fox River and Lake Winnebago in East-Central Wisconsin.
- The Fox Cities offer a first-rate visitor experience for groups from 10 to 2000, including free trip-planning assistance from our expert staff.
- Award-winning lodging with 3,600+ guestrooms, including our largest conference hotel offering 390 guest rooms in the heart of Downtown Appleton.
- Modern flexible event space includes the NEW 38,000 square-foot Fox Cities Exhibition Center.
- Hassle-free, easy access via Appleton International Airport (ATW), Interstate 41 or Wisconsin Highways 441, 10 and 45.
- The Fox Cities region is known for its wide array of shopping options, from major global retailers in and around the Fox River Mall to eclectic independent shopkeepers in our varied downtowns.
- Entertainment and nightlife abound in the Fox Cities, from Broadway tour stops at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, to restaurants that feature fresh local fare, globally-inspired cuisine, and regional classics. Pubs, craft breweries, wine bars, and intimate live music venues shine long after the sun goes down.
- Beautiful waterways, state parks, trail systems, and nature centers dot the landscape and provide refreshing opportunities for recreation and respite.